Quick recap on security breach
On the 30th May, StartJOIN.com was breached and approx. 2,8 million START were stolen. There is currently an ongoing investigation involving independent security experts and law enforcement - we will continue to release relevant information where and when available.
This announcement covers:
- The resumption of operations…
- which involves limited functionality as a result of our security assessment.
- Instructions for users to withdraw their funds in a secured manner.
StartJOIN v1 - resumed with limited functionality
The platform is now available for use, with certain functionalities on pause - these functionalities are considered as high risk. To ensure users’ security, they will become available again with the launch of StartJOIN v2. Functionalities going on pause are:
- Crowdfunding campaigns
- StartCOIN deposits made after the 15th Jun
Affected project owners, and any pending submissions have been contacted. There are a handful of projects that are affected - these users will be kept in the loop individually to provide a timeline for when they can re-list their project on StartJOIN v2, if they wish to do so.
Any users who’ve made pledges to these projects will receive their refund.
Whilst further deposits will no longer be accepted, there are alternative ways to store START - as follows:
Withdrawals to be available via StartJOIN.com via the current interface. This function will kick in on the 16th June PM.
The process will continue to require email confirmations, as well as a secondary review process by a member of staff. From the 16th Jun PM onwards, users will be able to make their requests, and withdrawals will take 3-5 working days for completion.
Some other details
- StartNode operators will continue to receive their weekly coins - operators have been contacted to determine the deposit process.
- The feed is still in use! We will be placing greater focus on interacting with users via the feed, especially to answer questions you have about the incident, v1 and v2.
- We will be adding in-site link to the other content that we produce (coming soon!)
- We have been continuously monitoring all pending deposits and withdrawals since 30th May. Once withdrawal function kicks in, transactions will either continue on their journey as instructed, or we will get in touch with users to confirm status.
If you have any questions, or any concerns about your wallet/activity, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.